About Me

My photo
Late 20 something professional who loves Baltimore and all it is and can be.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sonar-Virgin Fest After Party-August 9th

Saturday night, August 9th, I went clubbing with some friends at Sonar in Baltimore. Two years ago I'd be all over the club scene; dancing, meeting people, trying new bars, etc. Now my interests have expanded to include: going to events, concerts, operas, and being active in groups. I was lucky to find a DJ that lived up to the reason why I go out dancing now and that IS the music, primarily. Dave Nada, a resident DJ of the TAXLO party, spinned at Sonar Saturday night. To sample some of his music you can download a mix here.

You can also enjoy the mix at Bmore Original Records and even download it there. Mark Nada is a featured artist on the website. Mark Nada will return to TAXLO August 22nd. Baltimore has a unique dance mix culture known as Baltimore Club House. Mark spinned this flavor of house Saturday night and got the crowd going all night long. I approached the security guard to ask where Dave spinned and the guard said, why don't you go up on stage and ask. I was astounded. I couldn't believe that I was invited to go on stage like it was easy as getting a water at the bar; in fact easier! So up I went and danced on stage until I could find an opportunity to talk to Mark. A girlfriend joined me on stage dancing.

92.3Q would play Baltimore Club House late at night in the early nineties. Enraptured, I'd lean over the edge of my bed staring into my stereo feeling the music. It is said that K-Swift started spinning in her teens. I think 92Q let Khia on the decks so she could practice her amazing talent as a pre-teen. The frenetic beats, the repetition, all of it was hypnotizing. I couldn't get enough of it.

No comments:

The Baltimore Babe Share