About Me

My photo
Late 20 something professional who loves Baltimore and all it is and can be.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Plantains and Impromptu Sauce!

I love to get creative with food, especially with all that I have available at home. Good Eats with Alton Brown on the Food Network heartily promotes creativity in the kitchen. I watched Wanton Ways with Alton when I couldn't sleep last night. Between that and The Plague with James Van Der Beek, Good Eats was much more captivating. All recipes on Good Eats are available on the web.

We had plantains leftover from a previous party and I decided to fry some up last night in coconut oil. Plantains require no sugar when properly ripened, so wait for them to be almost black before unpeeling. I fried them in coconut oil and drained the plantain slices on paper towels. Afterwards, I made a sauce for dipping with about 1 cup kefir, pomegranate balsamic vinegar, and cinnamon. It was pretty yummy!

No comments:

The Baltimore Babe Share