About Me

My photo
Late 20 something professional who loves Baltimore and all it is and can be.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Connect the Sea Dots

Some friends have been bringing to my attention the environmental impact we humans are having on our various bodies of water. This growing awareness came to a critical point on Monday night because the conversation revealed some truly daunting and scary facts I had never considered before.

A girlfriend and I had just wrapped up dinner in Canton at the Speakeasy. Dinner was very good by the way and we engaged in a conversation with a gentleman who works at Majestic Motors. We started off the conversation good-naturedly about his 14 year old son and I voiced my interest in the Green IT industry. He then shared some information that I will be sharing below:

The Pacific Garbage Patch

The Great Pacific Garbage Patch Blog


Out of Sight, Out of Mind

From the Institute For Figuring on the Garbage Patch

Ocean Conservancy Picking up Trash

Mindfully.org


Carbon Dioxide as a Solution?

Fighting Acidification

No comments:

The Baltimore Babe Share