About Me

My photo
Late 20 something professional who loves Baltimore and all it is and can be.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Baltimore Breakfast

I just absolutely love breakfast. It is one of the best times of day to eat and to eat splendidly of meat, bread, eggs and potatoes. Here is my list:

Tried and True:

Ashland Cafe
10810 York Rd
Cockeysville, MD 21030
410-666-3838
  • Can play keno
  • Great homemade biscuits and corned beef hash
  • Great omelettes
  • Cheap food most 9 bucks and under.
  • Train on tracks that goes around ceiling
  • Fast service
Morning Edition Cafe
153 N Patterson Park Ave
Baltimore, MD 21231-1667
Phone: (410) 732-5133
  • Quirky homestyle setting
  • Food takes long to come out
  • Good omelettes
  • 10 page menu
  • Good prices
  • Quiet
Pete's Grill
3130 Greenmount Ave
Baltimore, MD 21218
410-467-7698
  • Cheap Great breakfast
  • Fantastic homefries
  • Great Grits-homeade
  • RAPA Scrapple
  • Half Hour wait, sit at bar/barstools only, no tables

Places I'd like to try:

Blue Moon Cafe
1621 Aliceanna St
Baltimore, MD 21231
(410) 522-3940
  • Eclectic
  • Good food
  • Hour wait
  • Get there before 8 AM
Happy Day Diner
8302 Pulaski Highway
Baltimore, MD 21237
http://www.happydaydiner.com/
  • Cream Chipped Beef Omelette
  • Omelette's 6-8 bucks
  • Quintessential 50s Diner
Shirley's Cafe
513 W Cold Spring Lane
Baltimore, MD 21210
(410) 889-5272
http://www.missshirleys.com
  • Long wait
  • Gourmet Breakfast
  • Breakfast prices 10-17 bucks

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmm, brefass. Nice post. I wanna check Shirley's too. Not too far from home. That's a breakfast bonus.

Corey said...

Shirley's is good. I got the apple pancake (at least I think that's what it was called). It was the size of a pie and was quite tasty. People stared at me as I ate it. I ended up taking more than 2/3 of it home.

Morning Edition is my fave, and Blue Moon is defintely good too!

Anonymous said...

Shirley's is crowded, but soooo good. My favorite greasy diner is my neighborhood one, The Wyman (corner of Howard and 25th). Fast, cheap, hangover-satisfying chow. I've been going there for 15 years. It's true Baltimore.

I also have to give yums to Morning Edition and Blue Moon in Fells.

The Baltimore Babe Share