About Me

My photo
Late 20 something professional who loves Baltimore and all it is and can be.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mr. Crowley

On the way home from Western MD, I heard "Mr. Crowley" by Ozzy Osbourne. Originally, from just the opener alone, I thought the song was a track from in the movie, "Clockwork Orange." However I was corrected on the song's origin.

Aleister Crowley is an interesting dude who had something to do with the 'Golden Dawn.' I don't know much about him except he is a controversial figure within the new age/pagan spiritual circles and that he created a version of the Tarot known as the Thoth Deck. Crowley also consumed many drugs and kept meticulous records on his drug use. More about Crowley here.

Personally I think the main pic they use of Crowley reveals alot about how he acted and how others may/may not perceive him.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll have the song in my head for the rest of the day now. I've gone from Jack Johnson to Ozzy. What's next?

thehelpfulguy said...

How weird is it that I had the same feeling that the song was from Clockwork Orange?!

The Baltimore Babe Share