About Me

My photo
Late 20 something professional who loves Baltimore and all it is and can be.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Commute Home

My commute home varies from day to day. Roughly I spend about four hours a day commuting on a car, train, and Metro. 12 hours of my day are committed to some form of work or transit...

On Monday, September 15, I stayed later at work to wrap up a couple loose ends and my boss traipsed back in from a meeting. We thought we lost the client and I stayed longer than usual to chat about the meeting. I thought with extremely good follow up, we could capture their attention again.

With time winding down, I had to run away around five pm. Unfortunately, I had to wait about 8 minutes for the Metro to arrive...

4:53 Rush out of office to catch Metro
5:00 Metro arrives
5:21 Metro arrives at Union
MARC train leaves at 5:21
I buy a small Chilean red wine
Get on 5:34 PM train to Baltimore/Penn
6:30/6:40 arrive at Penn
Ask lady for a spoon at coffee stand.
Thank goodness had dinner packed in bag.
Ate and waited for the 7:05 to Perryville.
7:30/40 Arrived in Edgewood.
7:47 Arrived at home.

At Home: Changed Fire alarm battery. Packed away lemon bars. Jogged up and down drive in dark for 20 minutes. Checked email and blogged.

10 PM Get read for bed.

This was a particularly unusual evening, as I had missed my original train home....

No comments:

The Baltimore Babe Share